Friday, November 12, 2010

Pointe Class

I starting taking pointe class about 3 weeks ago. I love it and hate it at the same time. I love it because it looks really pretty, I am not the bad at it, and I get some bragging rights. I hate it because it hurts....a lot.

The Pointe Shoes: Pointe shoes are very unique. They have a wooden box at the bottom of the shoe with fabric around it. It is pretty flexible ( excluding the wooden part ) with nice silk-like fabric and the sole is pretty bendable. Pointe shoes come in a variety of different colors. You can also paint them with a spray or brush. There are a variety of brands you can choose from with different sizes and shapes. They are a very pretty outcome but are a pain, literally.

The Class: Pointe class is very hard and awkward at first. It is like you have to start all over with ballet. I am going into my fourth week and can't do a turn yet. But that is OK. ( it is HARD ) I am trying my best and that is what counts. You have to be warm before you go onto full pointe, because if you don't you can hurt or break something in your ankle, foot, leg, etc. Pointe class is dangerous but is very beautiful.

If you think about taking pointe class do these things first:
Make sure you have at least 3 years of Ballet classes.
You have some-what of an arch in your foot. ( a curve )
You have a lot of ankle strength
You are mentally ready for it, to be able to work hard and practice a lot.
Be able to endure the pain that comes along with it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new school and that you like Pointe. I can't wait to see you perform again. Keep working hard and stay sweet.

    ReplyDelete